creating a culture of connection
Institute for Adult Learning (IAL)
IAL is a volunteer organization of age 50+ adults whose mission is to provide learning opportunities and
social experiences in a welcoming community which enrich the lives of its members.
Membership is open to all who are interested in a diverse curriculum of classes and programs designed to recognize the unique experience and capabilities of participants.
- Monday, 9/11, 9/18, 10/2, 10/9, 10/23, 10/30 (6 sessions) 10:30 a.m. -...
Started Sep 11
- Thursday, 9/21 -11/2 (6 sessions) 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Started Sep 21
- Thu, Oct 19Wm Paca House & GardensOct 19, 10:30 AM – 3:00 PMWm Paca House & Gardens, 186 Prince George St, Annapolis, MD 21401, USAOct 19, 10:30 AM – 3:00 PMWm Paca House & Gardens, 186 Prince George St, Annapolis, MD 21401, USAThursday, October 19, 2023 Annapolis History & Politics (Level = Ambitious) Wm. Paca House & Gardens Tour, 10:30 a.m. - Noon 186 Prince George Street, Annapolis, MD Galway Bay Irish Pub Maryland State House Tour, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. 100 State Circle $60 p.p. due October 5
- Thu, Oct 19Big Bats CafeOct 19, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMBig Bats Cafe, 216 St Claire Pl, Stevensville, MD 21666, USA
- Tue, Nov 14Mount Harmon PlantationNov 14, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PMMount Harmon Plantation, 600 Mt Harmon Rd, Earleville, MD 21919, USANov 14, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PMMount Harmon Plantation, 600 Mt Harmon Rd, Earleville, MD 21919, USATRIP IS FULL For waitlist, please contact us. Tuesday, November 14, 2023 Mount Harmon Plantation (Level = Moderate) Mount Harmon Tidewater Plantation, 10:30 a.m. - Noon 600 Mount Harmon Road, Earleville, MD LUISA’S Cucina Italiana, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. 849 Washington Avenue, Chestertown, MD
Become a Member
$90 per person per semester
Institute for Adult Learning is a membership-based program offering both
a Fall Semester and a Spring Semester.
Classes meet during the day Monday through Friday. Members may register for as many classes as they choose, space permitting.
Happy Hours are 4 to 6 pm on the third Thursday of the month at various local establishments.
Trips are sporadic, depending on our destinations, and may be local or farther afield.
Please designate your $90 membership (non-refundable) to IAL Fund.
IAL Fund payment is processed via the Donation page of our Fiscal Sponsor, Mid-Shore Community Foundation. It is not a donation to Mid-Shore.